Dhenkanal, Feb 10: Four laborers including a 7-year-old boy died due to asphyxiation at a brick kiln near the Kamalang area under Kantabania police limits in Dhenkanal district.
The identities of the deceased have yet to be ascertained.
Sources said, the four people including a minor boy were sleeping on the brick kiln. They died due to suffocation caused by toxic smoke coming from the brick kiln fire. Meanwhile, the laborers were sent to a nearby nursing home where they were declared dead.
Police reached the spot and started an investigation into the matter.