Bhubaneswar, Jan 1: Baby corn chili is a popular and delicious Indo-Chinese dish that features baby corn cooked in a flavorful and spicy chili sauce. It's a vegetarian dish that is known for its vibrant colors, crunchy texture, and bold flavors. Here's a simple recipe for making baby corn chili:
200g baby corn, cleaned and sliced into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
For the Sauce:
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 bell pepper (capsicum), thinly sliced
2-3 green chilies, chopped
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon chili sauce
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt to taste
1/4 cup spring onions, chopped (for garnish)
- In a bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, ginger-garlic paste, and salt. Add water gradually to form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or a pan. Dip the baby corn pieces into the batter and deep fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove and set aside on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- In another pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté until fragrant.
- Add sliced onions, bell peppers, and green chilies. Cook until the vegetables are slightly tender but still have a crunch.
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, chili sauce, tomato ketchup, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Add this sauce mixture to the vegetables in the pan.
- Stir well and let the sauce cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the fried baby corn to the sauce and toss until the baby corn is well coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot as a starter or as a side dish with fried rice or noodles.
- Enjoy your delicious baby corn chili! Adjust the spiciness and seasoning according to your taste preferences.