Berhampur, Oct 20: In a tragic incident, a woman and her son died of electrocution after coming in contact with an electric wire during the construction of their house. The incident occurred in Longhar village under Khallikote police limits In Odisha’s Ganjam district on Friday.
The deceased were identified as Nibashi Pahan and her son Jitu Pahan. However, the grandfather of Jitu, Bhagi Nahak tried to rescue them, but was electrocuted and undergoing treatment at Berhampur hospital.
According to the information, Bhagi Nahak was watering the newly constructed building while the mother-son duo was busy in construction by standing on an iron rod. Unfortunately, a service wire connected to the iron rod, following which Nibasi and Jitu got electrocuted and fell down. Bhagi, who rushed to rescue them also, got electrocuted. Soon after the incident, the trio were rushed to Khalikote hospital where doctors declared Nibasi and Jitu dead.