Bhubaneswar, Oct 25: The five-day-long Durga Puja festival has come to an end with the customary idol immersion ceremony of Maa Durga. A large number of devotees will bid adieu to the Goddess by immersing the idols in water bodies today.
As part of the environment-friendly immersion process, the idols will be immersed in four artificial ponds created on the banks of the Kuakhai, Bankual and the Daya Rivers.
In Cuttack, the immersion will be held at Devi Gada.
Traffic restrictions have been imposed by the Twin City Commissionerate Police in view of the idol immersion procession.
Traffic restrictions in Bhubaneswar (from 3 PM till end of procession):
- For the immersion procession of Bhubaneswar Bhasani Utsav Committee at Saheed Nagar, the traffic intending to proceed towards Rupali Square from Vani Vihar side shall be diverted from Vani Vihar towards Acharya Vihar.
- No vehicles, of any type shall be allowed to ply on Janpath. They shall be diverted to Sachivalay Marg and other adjacent roads. This traffic regulation shall be effected from 3 PM or starting time of procession whichever is later to 1 AM or ending time of the procession, whichever is earlier.
- For the immersion procession of Rajdhani Mandir Suraksha Bhasani Samiti, Nayapalli, the traffic intending to proceed towards Cuttack from CRP square side shall be diverted from CRP square towards Jaydev Vihar via Ekamra Park and Biju Pattnaik College. This traffic regulation shall be effected from 3 PM or starting time of procession whichever is later and shall be continued till 1 AM or the till of the procession passes CRP square, whichever is earlier. The vehicular traffic on Stewart school road, Unit-8 Road, OUAT square-New Airport Road shall be diverted on to the adjacent roads.
- For Uttar Bhubaneswar Vasani Committee-C.S.Pur, the traffic intending to proceed towards Nalco Square from KIIT side shall be Jayadev diverted to other adjacent roads from Nandan Kanan Vihar Road. This traffic regulation shall be effected from 3 PM or starting time of procession whichever is later. The diversion shall continue till 1 AM or dispersion of the Medhas whichever is earlier.
- Heavy vehicles coming from Khurdha side towards Bhubaneswar shall be diverted at starting Point of Fire Station Over Bridge towards the flyover. No vehicles shall be allowed to ply on service road.
Traffic restrictions in Cuttack (from 7 AM till end of procession):
- No vehicle shall be allowed directly towards Ranihat Clock tower from CDA Market Complex, Post office chhak and Bombay hotel chhak of College Square. They can avail Mahanadi ring road from CDA Market complex to Jobra Chhak via Bombay Hotel and ‘I Love Cuttack’.
- No vehicle shall be allowed to go from Malgodown State Bank side to college chhak through Pilgrim Road. They can go to OMP/CDA market chhak, College square through Malgodown and Malgodown fly over bridge.
- No vehicle shall be allowed from Mochi Sahi Chhak to Clock tower chhak directly via Ranihat High School. They can take left turn at Mochi Sahi Chhak to go to Clock tower Chhak or Jobra Chhak via Dr. Tejeswar Rao Chhak.
- When Medhas are approaching Ranihat Chhak no vehicle shall be allowed from Bajrakabati Bridge to Ranihat chhak. They can go to Buxibazar or Mangalabag through Kesharpur Bridge.
- At the time of Medhas passing at Mangalabag Chhak, no vehicle shall be allowed to go from Kathagola Chhak to Mangalabag Chhak.
- No vehicle shall be allowed to go towards Howrah Motor Chhak from Matamath Chhak and Vigilance Gada.
- No vehicle shall be allowed to go towards Mani Sahoo Chhak and Mastan Dargha chhak (Tanishq) from Girnar Hotel Chhak.
- No vehicle shall be allowed to go towards Buxibazar chhak from Bepari sahi Durga Ghar chhak and Samaj office chhak.
- No vehicle shall be allowed to go towards Pravat cinema from Meria Bazar bridge.
- No vehicle shall be allowed to go towards Laxmi brass Band or Kar Palace.
- No vehicle shall be allowed to go from Hatipokhari Chhak to Jail Road chhak.
- No vehicle shall be allowed to go from Ravenshaw Girls High School to Padhiari library and Gouri Shankar Park. Similarly, vehicles are not allowed to go towards Gouri Shankar Park and Utkalika Chhak from Dharma Sala Chhak.