Los Angeles, Oct 24: Hollywood star Tom Cruise's next 'Mission: Impossible' film has been delayed until May 2025.
It's also said that the film will also undergo a name change with a new title expected to be announced at a later date.
However, the picture is still expected to directly follow the events of 'Dead Reckoning Part 1', reports Female First UK.
The movie had been in production this year but shut down to allow the cast to promote the first instalment over the summer.
However, the cameras remained off as the Hollywood actors strike started in July meaning the cast could not get back to work on the film.
As per Female First UK, the action film is among a number of other titles which have also been pushed back including 'A Quiet Place: Day One' -- a prequel to the 2018 original starring Lupita Nyong’o and Denis Hare -- which had originally been due for release in March 2024. The film will now land in June 2024.
Animated adventure 'SpongeBob SquarePants' has also been delayed from May 2025 to December 2025.
'Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning, Part 2' director Christopher McQuarrie previously promised fans they will be treated to some epic underwater scenes in the new movie.
The 54-year-old director and his lead actor Tom Cruise have spent time working out how to perfect underwater sequences after using them in previous movies 'Edge of Tomorrow' and 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation' and McQuarrie says they will be taken to the next level in the upcoming sequel.