Nayagarh, Oct 26: Properties worth over Rs 1 crore were reduced to ashes after a major fire broke out at a readymade garment store in Odisha’s Nayagarh town in the wee hours of Thursday.
As per reports, locals spotted smoke swirling out of the shop located on the first floor of a market complex on Khadpada Road in the town and alerted the fire department.
Upon getting the information, fire service personnel rushed to the spot and launched an operation to douse the flames.
After hours of efforts, four fire-fighting units, who were pressed into service, brought the situation under control this morning.
Though the exact reason behind the fire mishap is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that it might have been caused due to an electric short-circuit.
Further investigation into the matter is underway.