Berhampur, Sep 18: In an unfortunate development, three members of a family died and two others were fighting for survival in a village in Odisha's Ganjam district on Monday. They all reportedly fell sick after consuming dinner at home on Sunday evening.
According to reports, the family as usual had dinner on Sunday evening. But after wards all of them complained of severe stomach ache and loose motion. It is suspected that they all fell ill due to food poisoning.
Sources said, the three deceased have been identified as Savitri Behera and her two sons Sibesh and Pritesh. The two children were both five-year-old twins. Savitri was serving as a teacher in a local school and the family reportedly stayed in a rented house in Sheragada, where she was posted.
Savitri's husband Prashant Dakua was under treatment in Sheragada health centre. But his mother Urmila Dakua was shifted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital, Berhampur as her condition deteriorated further, sources added.
While Sheragada Police have begun investigating the incident, the medical team were awaiting for post mortem reports before making an official comment about the reason of the mishap.