Bolangir, Nov 9: OdishaVigilance sleuths on Wednesday conducted simultaneous raids on the properties of the Principal of the Government Ayurvedic College & Hospital in Bolangir on allegations of amassing disproportionate assets.
The accused has been identified as Prof (Dr) Sudarshan Behera.
As per reports, a team of Vigilance officials led by eight DSPs, six Inspectors, and other staff is carrying out simultaneous raids at six places associated with Behera on the strength of search warrants issued by Special Judge, Vigilance, Bhubaneswar.
The raids are being carried out at the following places in Puri, Sambalpur, and Bolangir districts:
- The residence of Dr Sudarshan Behera located at village Jaypur, Sakhigopal in Puri district.
- The house of Dr Behera at Nahala under Satyabadi police station in Puri district.
- Another house of Dr Behera located at Kashiharipur under Puri Sadar police limits in the Puri district.
- The official quarters of Dr Behera’s spouse located inside the CRPF campus in the Sambalpur district.
- The house of Dr Behera’s relative located at Simili village in Sorisiapada under Gop police station in Puri district.
- The office room of Dr Behera located at Government Ayurvedic College & Hospital in Bolangir district.
The raids are currently underway and more details in this regard are awaited.