Bhawanipatna, Jan 23: Panic struck the patients and their attendants at Kalahandi District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) after a fire broke out at the state-run medical facility late last night.
Sources said that the fire broke out at the fourth floor of the hospital at around midnight. Thereafter, the patients on the floor were immediately shifted to a safer place.
On getting the information, Fire Services personnel rushed to the spot and doused the flames.
Though the exact reason behind the fire us yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that an electrical short circuit might be the cause.
Fortunately, no casualty was reported in the mishap and all the patients are safe. The fourth floor has also been vacated, said the hospital authority.
Police have started investigation into the matter.