Sundargarh/Rourkela, Jan 28: At least 40 tribal students of a sevashram school in Bonai block of Odisha’s Sundargarh district were hospitalised after they complained of stomach ache, headache and vomiting due to a suspected food poisoning on Saturday.
As per reports, the students of Baidpalli Sevashram in Babunuagaon village fell ill reportedly after having lunch in the school. Following this, they were rushed to the hospital for medical attention.
Though the exact reason is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that serving stale food at the sevashram might have led to food poisoning due to which the students fell ill.
On getting information, police along with Sevashram staff reached the hospital and stock of the situation.
The condition of students was stable till the filing of this report.
Further investigation into the matter is underway.