Bhubaneswar, Oct 31: The Commissionerate police in Odisha's Khordha district seized a huge cache of illegally stored firecrackers worth lakhs, within a residential area of Jatni.
The arrestees, identified as Chhabindra Kumar Subudhi and Pabitra Subudhi, were arrested for storing the firecrackers in their house for sale without license and authority.
According to reports, a team led by Jatni Police ASI Rambhabati Barua seized a huge quantity of firecrackers from the possession of Chhabindra and Pabitra during patrolling.
The accused had stored various types of firecrackers, including locally crafted ones, within their residence with the intention of selling them to the public ahead of Diwali festival.
The Jatni police have charged these accused under relevant sections, including 9(B) (1) (b) of The Indian Explosive Act-1884 and Sec-5 of The Orissa Fireworks and Loudspeaker Regulation Act-1985.
The seized articles included:
1. Local made Kumpi-400 pcs.
2. Local sparklers -1000 pcs.
3. Local paper shot (small bomb)-500 pcs.
4. Local paper shot (large bomb) -700 pcs.
5. 60 shot -15 pkt.
6. 120 shot -10 pkt.
7. 3 shot single-05 pkt.
8. Rocket -02 pkt
9. 4- Twinkle star-40 pkts,
10. 5-Jamin Crackers-100 Pkts,
11. 6- Jamin Crakcers deluxe-60 Pkts,
12. 7- Kitkat-160 Pkts,
13. 8- Flower Pots Giant-21 Pkts,
14. 9-7 colors 7 shots-8 pkts,
15. 10- Rocket-32 pkts,
16. 11-sky painter-60 Pkts,
17. 12-10 cm Spark colors- 35 pkts,
18. 13-12 cm spark color-28 pkts,
19. 14-15 cm spark color-24 pkts.
20. 15- sky lamps- 1 pkts, 16- 3000 lars