Bhubaneswar, Nov 8: The Odisha Vigilance on Wednesday carried out raids on the properties linked to Biswabandhu Panigrahi, who serves as the Superintending Engineer in the Public Health Department.
The raids are currently underway in connection with the allegations of the acquisition of disproportionate assets by Panigrahi.
The simultaneous house searches are being conducted by a Vigilance team comprising 7 DSPs, 5 Inspectors, 8 ASIs, and other staff on the strength of search warrants issued by Special Judge, Vigilance, Bhubaneswar, at the following six places in Bhubaneswar and Bhadrak:
- A Double-storeyed building on plot No. 9505 – House No. G/L-73 at VSS Nagar in Bhubaneswar.
- A three-BHK flat in Assotech Pride, Tower No. B5-0202 at Rudrapur in Bhubaneswar.
- One single-storeyed building on plot No. 1472/4523 at Mathasahi in Bhadrak.
- The paternal house of Panigrahi located at Toranpada village in Bhadrak.
- A house of Panigrahi’s relative located at G/L-77 at VSS Nagar in Bhubaneswar.
- The office chamber of Panigrahi located at the office of EIC, PH Division, Unnati Bhawan in Bhubaneswar.
- The searches are in progress and a further report is awaited.