Bhubaneswar-based CTTC making components for Gaganyaan after Chandrayaan-3

Last Updated August 25, 2023

Bhubaneswar, Aug 25: Bhubaneswar-based Central Tool Room and Training Centre (CTTC) has supplied 80 percent high-quality components for the ambitious Gaganyaan Mission of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) that had supplied high-quality components for Chandrayaan-3.

The ISRO has planned to complete the making of Gaganyaan, its flagship project, by March 2024.

The Gaganyaan Mission envisages the demonstration of human spaceflight capability by launching a crew of three members to an orbit of 400 km for 3 days and bringing them back safely to earth, by landing in sea waters.

The CTTC had received the order for making components of Gaganyaan eight months ago.

It has made several types of walls, flow control walls, thresher parts, filter parts, regulator parts, launch vehicle parts, RGPD package, and smart activator-like parts and sent for testing to the Indian Institute of Science in Bengaluru for testing.

"We have sent 80 percent of parts for testing and the rest 20 percent of hardware components are being made. Over 15 employees are dedicated to working on it. These components will be sent for testing before September 20," said CTTC General Manager L. Rajasekhar.

The CTTC has been working for ISRO for the last 25 years and we have been making spacecraft components for ISRO for the last 15 years. We have successfully supplied components for Chandrayaan-2 and Chandrayaan-3. Now we will supply components for Gaganyaan and ADITYA - L1, Rajasekhar added.

You Might Also Like

More From Related News

Latest News

With Rajya Sabha nod, Parliament passes women'...

Will not demolish mosques, waqf properties: DD...

5-8 million Indians suffering from Alzheimer’s...

President Murmu inaugurates 1st UP Internation...

Tollywood actor Navdeep summoned in drugs case...

NALCO approves final dividend of 20%

TPSODL inaugurates Customer Relation Centre an...

Copyright © 2022 - Summa Real Media Private Limited. All Rights Reserved.