Malkangiri, Nov 29: At least 11 minor boys and girls fell ill and were hospitalised after eating wild fruits from forest.
The incident took place in Telimeta village in Odisha’s Malkangari district on Wednesday.
Sources said, a group of 7 girls and 4 boys plucked poisonous fruits from wild plants and ate them, thinking berries. Soon after, they started vomiting and complained of stomach aches and loose motion.
The children were rushed to the Malkangiri District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) on Wednesday night. Their condition is said to be stable after treatment.