Balakati, May 26: In a tragic incident, a youth was electrocuted to death while he was trying to save mother in Balakati of Khordha district today.
The deceased has been identified as Pratap Sahoo.
According to sources, Pratap’s mother came in contact with live eclectic wire in the afternoon. When Pratap saw his mother being electrocuted, he rushed to rescue her. Although he managed to save his mother, he could not save himself.
Soon his family members rushed him to Capital hospital in Bhubaneswar, where doctors declared him dead.