Gas leak:28 workers fall sick in prawn processing unit

Last Updated September 28, 2022

Balasore, Sept 28: At least 28 workers of a prawn processing unit in Balasore reportedly fell ill after leakage of gas on Wednesday. The victims have been rushed to the hospital for emergency care. The mishap took place in the Highland Seafood Processing Centre near Khantapada. Sources said that hundreds of workers were engaged here in processing work in the evening. Meanwhile, as many as 28 workers fell unconscious following a pungent smelling gas leaked from the cylinders used in the unit. Being informed, the affected ones were immediately rushed to the Khantapada community health centre for resuscitation.Later, seven of them were shifted to a private hospital in Balasore town as their health conditions became critical. Updates awaited…….

Copyright © 2022 - Summa Real Media Private Limited. All Rights Reserved.