Chandikhole, Mar 21: A woman and her son were electrocuted due to an electric short circuit at Nilapur village under Balichandrapur police limits in Jajpur district last night, police said today.
The deceased has been identified as Chand Biwi and her seven-year-old son.
According to the police, the duo had gone to douse a fire that broke out in their neighbourhood last night when they came in contact with an exposed electric wire following which they both died at the spot.
On being informed, the Chandikhole Fire department personnel reached the spot and doused the fire.
Later, the Balichandrapur police reached the spot and initiated a probe into the matter.