Puri, Feb 17: A couple had a narrow escape after the car they were travelling in caught fire near Batamangala on Puri-Bhubaneswar road in Puri district today.
A major tragedy was averted as a passerby raised an alarm and the occupants including the driver got out of the car on seeing the flame and alerted fire personnel.
According to the sources, the couple was returning from Puri to Bhubaneswar when their car caught fire at Badheibanka Chhak near Batamangala.
Later, the fire service officials rushed to the spot and doused the fire.
Though the reason behind the fire mishap is yet to be ascertained, it is being suspected that the car caught fire due to short circuit.