Bhubaneswar, April 20: The Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) today decided to close all the religious places in the city as part of its strategy to contain the spread of Covid-19.
The decision was taken after consultations with management committees of religious institutions like temples, mosques, gurudwaras and churches within the jurisdiction of BMC.
1. No devotees shall be allowed inside any religious institutions like Temples/Mosques/Gurudwara/Churchs etc until further order.
2. The usual religious rituals in temples/mosques/guruwaras/churches and other places of worships will be conducted with limited numbers of prirests/staffs.
3. The religious institutions management committees shall make provisions for daily thermal screening of priests/staffs before entry inside the premises. The committee shall also ensure provisions of hand washing at entry point for the priests and staff.
4. The priests/staffs on rituals duty shall have to wear masks appropriately at all times and they shall also mantain social distancing guidelines while inside the institution premises.
5. All previous orders issued by BMC in this regard are seperceded accordingly. 6. This order is to be given effect to from 21-04-2021