Udala, April 16: A major fire broke out in a godown at ward No-3 under Udala NAC in Mayurbhanj district late on Thursday night. Though no casualty or injury has been reported, goods worth Rs 60 lakhs were gutted.
The fire which broke out late last night was first noticed by locals, who alerted the fire department.
On receiving a call, the fire fighter personnel rushed to the spot and managed to douse the flames.
An electrical short circuit in the establishment is suspected to have triggered the fire that caused loss of several lakhs of rupees.