Odisha News In English

Prameya English, Prameyanews.com, Odisha Latest News, Odisha News Online

oro infra
Narula header
oro infra
Impression 728 X 90 Pixels-01-01
previous arrow
next arrow

Petrol pump explosion in Bhubaneswar: 2 containers reach blast site to transfer remaining gas

7/10/2020 at 11:31 PM

Bhubaneswar, Oct 7: At least containers have reached at Governor House Square filling station to transfer remaining gas from the blast site.

The police has declared the road from Governor House Square to Gopabandhu Square as ‘No Plying Zone’ till restoration of normalcy.

Police has also urged the commuters at both ends to take alternate route accordingly. As many as eight people were injured after a massive fire broke out at the filling station in the State capital this afternoon. Though the cause of the mishap is yet to be ascertained, officials said that fire broke out in the LPG tank of the filling station.

Two of the victims were later shifted to SCB Medical College in Cuttack. Doctors said that while one has sustained 60% burns, the other injured sustained 40% burn injuries. Besides both have sustained grievous head injuries and experts from multiple departments have been engaged in treatment.

   Related Posts