Bhubaneswar, Sep 29: Unified Payments Interface (UPI) has become an integral part of daily life as the apps are easy to use and work instantly. Payment apps such as Google Pay, Phone Pay, Bharat Pay, Paytm are now the most used pay apps to receive or transfer money.
However, nowadays many users are facing difficulties due to cyber fraudsters who target people and dupe their money directly from bank accounts.
Keeping in view the rising cyber crimes, Odisha police have come up with several safety tips through which you can stay away from cyber crimes.
Here are the UPI safety tips of Odisha police:
- Entering the UPI PIN indicates money being deducted from your account. The UPI PIN is not required for receiving money.
- Always verify the receiver’s name, before entering the UPI PIN
- Use the UPI PIN only on the app’s UPI PIN page. Do not share the UPI PIN anywhere else
- Scanning a QR Code is for making payments and not for receiving money
- Do not download any screen sharing or SMS forwarding apps, when asked by any unknown person and without understanding its utility.
- Never share your OTP, UPI PIN, URN, CVV or passwords with anyone, even if the person claims to be a bank employee, added police.
- Never share your OTP, UPI PIN, URN, CVV or passwords with anyone, even if the person claims to be a Bank employee,” the Odisha police added.