Bhubaneswar, May 4: Odisha government on Sunday announced a 14- day lockdown in the state starting from tomorrow (Wednesday) morning till May 19 (Wednesday) morning.
However, people can buy vegetables and other essential items walking within 500 meters from their residence between 6am and 12noon.
During the lockdown period, the following activities will remain prohibited
- Buses for public transport
- Intra-State movement of individuals by road, except for medical reasons or for activities permitted under these guidelines.
- All educational, training, coaching institutions, etc., except as allowed by Government. However, physical conduct of examinations by state/ national/ international bodies shall be allowed on a case to case basis by the respective Departments with due intimation to all concerned authorities.
- Exhibitions/ Trade Fairs/ Melas/ physical Business to Business meetings are prohibited. However, such activities may be taken up in virtual mode.
- Taxis (including auto rickshaws and cycle rickshaws) and services of cab aggregators (except as specified in subsequent paragraphs of this order).
- All cinema halls, malls, market complexes, gymnasiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, parks, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls, Merry-go-round (Doli) / Meena bazaar and related activities and similar places.
- Jatra/ opera/ open air theatres shall not be allowed to operate.
- All salons/ barber shop, spa, beauty parlour etc. shall remain prohibited.
- All social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions/ other gatherings.
- All religious places/ places of worship shall be closed for public. However religious rituals are allowed with bare minimum priests/ servitors and staff. Religious congregations are strictly prohibited.
- Marriages shall be permitted, with approval from local authorities, with not more than 50 persons and in case of funerals and last rites, the number of persons participating shall not be more than 20 (for the entire event) including hosts, guests, priests and catering and other support staff. Under no circumstances, the number of participants shall exceed the ceiling for the entire event.
- Marriage, funeral and last rites related gatherings shall be conducted as per the government guidelines