Bhubaneswar, May 4: Fire broke out at a restaurant in KIIT Square on Tuesday evening. Though the reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained, short circuit is believed to be the reason behind the mishap.
Eyewitnesses said that the employees of the restaurant first noticed smoke billowing out of the restaurant and informed the fire officials. By the time, fire tenders reached the spot fire has engulfed the entire restaurant.
Several fire tenders have been deployed to douse the flames. Fire officials said that properties worth lakhs have been gutted in the mishap.