Bhubaneswar: In a heartrending incident, a woman and her daughter were burnt alive and her husband sustained critical injuries as a LPG cylinder exploded during cooking in their house at Nuabhuban Godisahi under Kamakshyanagar area in Dhenkanal district early this morning.
The deceased were identified as Mamata Pothal and her daughter Jyotsna Pothal. Mamata’s husband has been admitted to a hospital.
According to reports, Mamata was preparing tea when the cylinder caught fire and went off. The explosion along with fire was so intense that Mamata and Jyotsna burnt alive. Jyothsna’s father received serious burn injuries.
A pal of gloom has descended in the village and nearby areas following the incident.