New Delhi, Aug 13: A Delhi court has issued notice to the CBI on a bail application moved by former Tihar Deputy Superintendent Narender Meena, who is an accused in a case pertaining to the alleged murder of gangster Ankit Gujjar inside the jail last year.
Public Prosecutor Bindu, appearing on behalf of the Central Bureau of Investigation, accepted the notice.
It was submitted before the special CBI court of judge Rakesh Kumar Sharma that the charge sheet has been filed and accordingly, arguments on the application were posted for August 16, said a recent order.
Meena, suspended Assistant Superintendent Dinesh Dabas, and suspended Head Warder Deepak Chikara, were arrested by the CBI and they are currently under judicial custody in connection with the murder case of the gangster.
As per the CBI, further investigation is going on in relation to Dabas and Chhikara, who were arrested few days ago, and supplementary report shall be filed expeditiously. Meena was arrested two months before by the probe agency.
Earlier, the court was also told that adequate measures have been taken up considering the apprehensions of jail officials, who alleged security threats from inmates.
“One personnel of Tamil Nadu Special Police has been deployed outside their cell round the clock and will accompany them when they are required to move outside their cell within the jail premises. Further, it is mentioned that special instructions have been given to jail officials concerned to provide adequate security to them,” the court was told.
On August 4 last year, Gujjar was found dead with multiple injuries on his body inside the premises of Central Jail No 3. As per the court’s directions, the investigation of the case was being conducted by the CBI.