Bhubaneswar, Jan 11: The State Election Commissioner (SEC) Aditya Prasad Padhi on Tuesday announced that the Panchayat elections in the state will be held in five phases starting from February 16.
“The voting is scheduled on February 16, 18, 20, 22 and 24. The polling will begin at 7 am and continue till 1 pm” said Padhi while addressing the media persons.
The counting of votes will be conducted at the block headquarter level on February 26, 27 and 28.
Meanwhile, the model of conduct has come into effect in the State from today and it will be in force till February 28, 2022.
In view of the ongoing pandemic, the Covid-19 guidelines issued by the Commission should be followed strictly during the polls, added Padhi.
Polls will be conducted for a total of 853 Zilla Parishad seats, 91,916 wards and 6,794 panchayats.
“Details of the candidates will be uploaded on the respective district websites and strict actions will be taken against those candidates submitting fake affidavits,” said Padhi.
“Only fully vaccinated people are allowed into the counting centers. Candidates can do door-to-door campaigning with a maximum of five persons but rallies and gatherings are strictly prohibited” he added.
Here are the details of the rural polls
1. Issue of notification by Election Officer calling for names of the candidates for Samiti Member: January 13
2. Issue of nomination forms and presentation of nominations: January 17 to 21
3. Scrutiny of nomination: January 22
4. Withdrawal of candidature: up to January 25 (3 PM)
5. Publication of results, elected Chairman: March 13
6. Date of the election of ViceChairman, declaration and publication of results: March 23