Balangir, Nov 6: A fish vendor has been electrocuted at Bangomunda in Balangir on Saturday.
The deceased has been identified as Mukesh Jugnia.
Sources said Mukesh was opening his shop in the morning. Meanwhile, he came in contact with the live wire and sustained critical burn injuries. Locals rescued him and rushed him to Mangomunda hospital for resuscitation.
Subsequently, he was referred to Kantabanji hospital after he became more critical. However, he succumbed to his injuries in the afternoon.
A UD case has been registered in Bangomunda police station,said police.