Dhenkanal, May 6: An elderly man died after coming in contact with a live electric wire which was laid to hunt wild boar near Vatakateni village under Sadar police limits in the district today.
The deceased has been identified as Pranad Behera, a resident of the same village.
According to locals, Pranad had gone to his farmland when he stepped over the live electric wire which was laid for wild boar hunting while farming. Subsequently, he was electrocuted to death on the spot.
On being informed, the local police reached the spot and launched a probe into the matter after sending the body for post-mortem.
A pall of gloom descended over the village after the tragic incident.