Bhubaneswar, Feb 10: Easy access to victims is the reason they are readily stalked by fraudsters using a smartphone or a computer logged into social media or pay online bills, buy gadgets from an e-commerce website, or withdraw money from ATM-all happening due to our poor skills.
Here are some dos and dont’s of ATM transactions
- Don’t give your phone number at public places or conduct transaction on public terminals
- If you change houses, inform the bank so that cards and statements are sent to the right address
- Check your bank and credit card statements. If you notice irregular charges, notify the bank.
- Conduct ATM transactions preferably only at machines located inside bank branches
- Don’t leave ATM stalls. Report to security guards of bank officials or call up the bank.