Kendrapara, June 4: In a bizarre incident, surgery of a patient was conducted under torch light due to power outage in Kendrapada district on Friday.
Reportedly, the Rajnagar area of Kendrapara district including Rajnagar Community Health Centre (CHC) fell into darkness due to a power outage of two hours. The generator of the hospital also did not start due to some technical issues.
As a result, the doctors were forced to treat the patients under torchlight.
The incident came to light after the video of a patient identified as Krupasindhu Sahu of Bhatapada village went viral. Sahu’s head was severely injured and the wound was being stitched under torch light.
Kendrapara ADM Sachidananda Sahoo said that an enquiry will be conducted over the matter and if anybody is at fault, appropriate action will be taken.