Bhubaneswar, April 15: In view of the galloping Covid-19 cases in the state, the government has asked the cinema halls and theatres to operate with up to 50% of the hall capacity with strict adherence to wearing of mask and physical distancing during the entire period of the show.
The details of the guideline issued by the Special Relief Commissioner are
- Entertainment parks/ Amusement parks / Merry-go-round (Doli) / Meena bazaar”and related activities are allowed to operate within the ceiling of 200 persons with wearing of masks, maintaining social distancing and provision of thermal scanning & use of hand wash or sanitizer mandatorily.
- Jatra/ opera/ open air theatres shall be allowed to operate within the ceiling of 1000 persons with strict adherence to Covid-19 protocols issued by the government.
- The COVID protocols shall be strictly observed by the organisers of such facilities. Any violation of COVID-19 protocols shall attract closure, sealing and cancellation of license.
- The District Magistrates/ Municipal Commissioners or any other officers authorised by them shall give permission for operation of above facilities/ gatherings and can impose any further restrictions in the interest of general health of the public.
- Haats and Markets including fish markets shall be decentralized and allowed to operate with minimum 30 feet distance from shop to shop. The shopkeepers and the buyers shall mandatorily abide by the Covid safety protocols like social distancing, use of mask.
- The local authorities shall demarcate areas for this purpose and any violation of COVID-19 protocols will attract closure/ sealing/ cancellation of license of the concerned shops.
- Restaurant/ Bars/ Pubs shall run with 50 percent of the capacity and in due compliance of Covid protocols and shall close all the activities by 9 P.M.
- Street Food Vendors shall adhere to Covid protocols like social distancing and use of mask. Any deviation non-compliance shall entail criminal action and penalty as per law and may make such unit liable for sealing/ closure and suspension/ cancellation of trade license.