Bhubaneswar: Facing severe criticism over the acquittal of the two accused in the alleged Pipili gang-rape and murder case in 2011-12 for want of evidence, the Crime Branch today informed that it will move Orissa High Court challenging the verdict of the lower court after March 25.
Crime Branch ADG Santosh Kumar Upadhyay said that the agency would move to the High Court after March 25.
Meanwhile, the CB has collected all necessary records including written arguments of the public prosecutor and deposition statements.
Prime accused Prashant Pradhan and his brother Sukanta, allegedly involved in the sensational gang-rape and murder of a 19-year-old girl at Pipili in Puri district in 2011-12, were acquitted by the First Additional Sessions Court in December last year.
Later a red-faced Crime Branch that was investigating the case said they would find out the reasons of the acquittal and appeal in the Orissa High Court.
The 19-year-old girl was found unconscious in a paddy field at her village on November 28, 2011. She had succumbed on June 21, 2012 after remaining semi-comatose at the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack.