Odisha News In English

Prameya English, Prameyanews.com, Odisha Latest News, Odisha News Online

Antibodies in Covaxin recipients decline after 2 months, 3 months for those who got Covishield: Study

15/09/2021 at 6:31 PM

Bhubaneswar, Sep 15: In the wake of possible Covid third wave, a recent study conducted by ICMR-Regional Medical Research Centre (RMRC), Bhubaneswar, has found the level of antibodies produced among the recipients of Covaxin starts to decline after two months, while the same for those who have been vaccinated with Covishield starts after three months.

According to reports, the samples were collected from 614 participants for the study. Among these participants, 308 (50.2 per cent) were Covishield recipients and the rest 306 (49.8 per cent) got Covaxin jabs. A total of 81 breakthrough cases were recorded among participants for whom infection post-vaccination acted as a booster.

The remaining 533 healthcare workers without any history of post-vaccination infection showed significant decrease in antibodies, the study found.

The study was undertaken to determine IgG (Immunoglobulin G, the most common antibody) antibody among health care workers with completed dose of either Covaxin or Covishield.

They were followed for 24 weeks after first dose of either vaccine to record the periodic changes in titre, concentration, clinical growth and persistence of vaccine-induced SARS-CoV-2 antibodies.

   Related Posts