Sundargarh, Sept 21: Odisha Vigilance sleuths on Wednesday conducted simultaneous raids on the properties of additional Tahasildar of Tangarpali Tehsil in Odisha’s Sundargarh district on charges of amassing properties disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The accused Tahasildar has been identified as Kulamani Patel. As per reports, a team of Vigilance led by four Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSPs),10 Inspectors, four Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASIs), and other staff, on the strength of search warrants issued by Special Judge, Vigilance, Sundargarh, conducted raids at eight places in Sundargarh associated with Patel.
Raids are being carried out at the following places:
- Patel’s triple-storyed residential building at Mouza-Lephripada in the district
- Double-storyed residential building at Mouza-Chitabhanga in Sundargarh Town
- Three residential houses over Plot No.1482, Khata No.108 at Mouza-Dumarbahal, PS-Lephripada, Dist-Sundargarh
- Residential house over ancestral land vide Khata No.108, Plot No.1481at Mouza-Dumarbahal under Lephripada police limits
- Residential house at Mouza-Dumarbahal
- Patels’ office Chamber of at the Tangarpali Tahasil Office
- Residential house of his relative located at Chitabhanga in Sundargarh Town
- Office Chamber of his spouse located at Primary School at Sipukachhar under Lephripada police limits