Kendrapada, Mar 30: As many as eight houses were gutted after a fire broke out at Imampada slum under Town police limits due to a short circuit in the district in the wee hours today.
Though no deaths have been reported so far, five were injured including two critical.
According to the police, a fire broke out in Fakir Khan’s house due to a short circuit and it engulfed other houses belonging to Basir Khan, Babu Khan and Sakir Khan respectively.
Valuables worth lakhs of rupees have been gutted in the mishap.
Three of the injured people are undergoing treatment at District Headquarters hospital while other two have been shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack as their condition deteriorated.