Rourkela, June 29:At least 48 students in Sundergarh have been hospitalized after taking the midday meals prepared in the school.
The incident took place at Banthupada Government Primary School under the Rajgangpur block limit in the afternoon.
Sources said that the students of the school took rice and egg curry in their midday meal today. Subsequently, as many as ten students felt uneasy and complained of continuous vomiting. They were rushed to the Rajgangpur hospital for treatment. However, almost all students complained of vomiting following which they were also shifted to the hospital.
According to the attending doctors, it’s a case of food poison. It might have happened from the rotten eggs.
Following this, departmental authorities have taken stock of the matter and constituted a committee to examine the quality of the food supplied under the Midday Meal.