Anandapur, Nov 29: As many as 18 rooms were completely gutted and some others partially damaged after a devastating fire broke out today at Dudugaon under Anandapur block of Keonjhar district.
Around 10 families were rendered shelterless in the incident, however, no casualty was reported.
Locals said that the fire broke out in a cowshed in the village and engulfed the adjoining house within no time and sky high flames were seen from long distance.
The villagers tried to douse the flames but heavily timbered houses were reduced to ashes. Fortunately, the inmates were able to come out of their houses.
Later, the fire tenders reached the village and doused the flame.