Bhubaneswar: In a sorrowful incident, a chicken counter owner was burnt alive and a minor boy received critical burn injuries as a major fire engulfed the counter they last night.
The incident has occurred at Chandrapur in Rayagada district. The deceased was identified as Gokula Dora and the injured boy as Bhagirathi Parichha. Bhagirathi has now been shifted to the MKCG Medical College and Hospital, Brahmapur in critical treatment.
While the reason behind spread of the fire was yet to be known, it is suspected that an electric short circuit might have led to the fatal mishap.