Bhubaneswar, Jan 15: The Odisha Government has decided for no public participation in Republic Day celebration in the state.
In a letter to Collectors, Deputy Secretary to Government N.P Rayguru said that some decisions have been taken by the Home Department which may strictly be adhered to while celebrating the occasion.
The government has asked the Collectors to follow the decisions taken by the government. Here they are:
• After 8.30 A.M. the National Flag shall be unfurled by the Chief Guest (To be intimated separately by Home Department) followed by playing of the National Anthem
• Only police contingents shall participate in the ceremony
• There will be no participation from students / NCC Cadets etc.
• There will be no participation by the general public in the celebration. Only limited number of guests may be invited to the celebration using e-invites, including select Covid warriors (including doctors. health workers. sanitation workers).
• It is imperative that social distancing norms, wearing of masks are followed strictly by those attending the function.
• Online essay / quiz contests may be organized to mark the occasion.
The similar guidelines and procedure may be followed for the celebration of the Republic Day 2021 at the Block and Panchayat levels.