Angul, Sept 5: At least two elephants died after coming in contact with an 11 KV wire in a forest near Jagannathpur village under the Pampsar range of Satokosia wildlife division in Angul.
Sources said a herd of elephants has been roaming in the forest near Jagannathpur village for the last two-three days.
Prima facie it is an electrocution death, the jumbo came in contact with stay wire, supporting the electric pole, which was charged causing the death of elephants.
On being informed by locals, forest officials rushed to the spot and started investigation into the matter. Post-mortem of the carcass will be conducted by vets.