Bhadrak, Aug 1: The weekend shutdown in the district will continue in the month of August, informed the district administration today.
According to an order issued by the district Collector the weekend shutdown on Saturday and Sunday to continue in Bhadrak district during the month of August.
“In the interest of public health and containment of the spread of Covid-19 in the District, shutdown shall be imposed within the jurisdiction of Bhadrak District,” stated the order.
During shutdown, all activities shall be closed except :
- All medical establishments including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, medicine stores, movement of ambulance and all medical personnel
- District and Municipal Administration/ Police/ Fire Services/Block & Tahasil
- Central & State Government officials on emergency duty
- Telecom services
- Petrol pumps
- LPG distribution, home delivery of cooking gas and associated facilities, personnel and vehicular movement
- Print and Electronic Media identified by District Police
- Water Supply, sanitation and sewerage workers
- Electricity supply and distribution
- Self-employed mechanics like Electrician, AC Mechanic, Plumber, Carpenter etc