Bhubaneswar, Nov 6: The Chief Minister's Office (CMO) of Odisha has officially announced the launch of the second direct flight service connecting Bhubaneswar and Jeypore in Koraput.
This flight service, supported by financial backing from the Odisha government, is operated by IndiaOne Air, offering a convenient and accessible travel option for the region's passengers.
The flight will operate twice a day, specifically on Mondays and Fridays each week, significantly improving connectivity between the two cities. IndiaOne Air's schedule for this route is as follows:
- Departure from Biju Patnaik International Airport (BPIA) in Bhubaneswar: 7:10 am
- Arrival in Jeypore: 8:45 am
- Return journey from Jeypore: 9:00 am
- Arrival in Bhubaneswar: 10:35 am
- In celebration of the service's launch, IndiaOne Air is presenting an enticing inaugural offer throughout November, with ticket prices available for just Rs 2,999.
The inaugural flight on this route, from Bhubaneswar to Jeypore, took off on October 31, 2022, marking a significant milestone in improving air connectivity within Odisha. The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) granted Jeypore Airport the license to operate commercial flight services as part of the regional connectivity scheme (UDAN).
Jeypore Airport has earned the distinction of being the first state-owned airport in Odisha to receive such a license, opening the door to increased air travel opportunities in the state.