prameyanews.com

prameyanews.com

Tapaswini Express catches fire at Puri station

22/03/2019 at 5:37 PM

Puri: As many as four compartments of Puri-Hatia Tapaswini Express were gutted in a major fire mishap at Puri railway station in Puri district on Friday.

The compartments S2, S3, S4 and S5 were gutted in the fire.

According to reports, the fire broke out when the train was being cleaned at the Puri railway station. The fire immediately engulfed the other three bogies damaging all the four coaches. Fortunately, there were no passengers inside the train when the fire mishap occurred.

The exact reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained. Short circuit is suspected to be the cause behind the blaze.

On being informed, fire officials reached the spot and doused the flames.

   Related Posts


Loading...