Bhubaneswar: Janaki Das, who along with her husband had attempted committing suicide by pouring kerosene and putting them on fire at their house at Kapileshwar canal road in the city yesterday, succumbed to burn injuries while undergoing treatment at the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack this morning.
Janaki’s husband Babuli Das and six-year-daughter Ranu are still undergoing treatment at the SCB Medical College and Hospital. While Babuli is still in critical condition, Ranu is of danger now, said doctors.
Notably, the couple had yesterday morning poured kerosene on themselves and lit fire. Ranu, who was in the house, also received burn injuries. They were rescued by neighbours and rushed to the Capital Hospital. As their condition deteriorated, they had been shifted to Cuttack.
According to reports, the incident was an outcome of continued family quarrel.