Berhampur, Jan 16: In a tragic incident, secretary of Cooperative Society in Lochapada in Ganjam died in a fire mishap this afternoon.
The deceased has been identified as Jagannath Patra. As per reports, Patra was working inside the office when a fire broke out from a computer.
Patra while trying to douse the flames came in contact with the fire and sustained serious burn injuries. Personnel of Odisha Fire Service reached the spot and brought the fire under control. They also rescued Patra from the room and rushed him to the nearest hospital where he was declared received dead. Police have started an investigation into the incident.