Keonjhar, Sep 28: A man on Monday was arrested for allegedly for cremating his minor nephew, who died of electrocution at Kendua village under Ghasipura police limits in Keonjhar district.
The accused has been identified as Gopal.
According to sources, Gopal had laid electric wire near his farmland to hurt wild animals.
On September 24, the deceased, Shiv Charan Nakay came in contact with the live wire while playing her the farmland and got an electric shock.
In a bid to hide the incident, the accused person cremated the body and performed the last rites.
However, the incident came to the fore, after some villagers informed the local police in this regard.
After getting information, the police along with a scientific team reached the village and arrested Gopal.