Cuttack, Sep 21: Sadguru Hospital didn’t possess fire safety certificate, informed Chief Fire Officer Sukanta Sethi.
Sethi said that no fire safety certificate has been granted in favour of the hospital. “ We had found some loopholes in the fire safety mechanism of the hospital during inspection and have asked the hospital authorities to rectify those,” said Sethi.
A fire broke out at Intensive care unit (ICU) of Sadguru COVID-19 hospital in Jagatpur area here today. Though no report of loss of life reported so far, fire officials suspect the fire of originating following an electric short circuit.
As many as 147 Covid-19 patients including 20 patients in ICU were present in the hospital during the mishap while all of them were subsequently shifted to other hospitals.