Bhubaneswar: Assets worth lakhs of rupees were reduced to ashes as a major fire engulfed as many as eight houses at Akhuapada village under Bhandaripokhari area in Bhadrak district last night.
The exact reason behind spread of the fire was yet to be known. However, it is suspected that an electric short circuit might have led to to the mishap.
On being informed by villagers, fire personnel rushed to the village and extinguished the fire.
Villagers have demanded that adequate compensation be given to the affected families soon.