Bhubaneswar, Aug 18: Nine more persons succumbed to Covid-19 in Odisha in the last 24 hours taking the toll to 362, the health department said on Tuesday.
“Regret to inform the demise of Nine #COVID19 positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” it tweeted.
On the other hand, as many as 53 persons infected with coronavirus have died due to other ailments in the state.
Details of the deceased:
1. A 62-year old male of Balasore district who was also suffering from Carcinoma Prostate with bone metastasis.
2. An 81-year old female of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension.
3. A 68-year old male of Ganjam who was also suffering from Coronary Artery Disease, Hypertension, Parkinsonism, Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
4. A 68-year old female of Ganjam district.
5. A 79-year old male of Ganjam district.
6. A 61-year old male of Malkangiri district who was also suffering from Diabetes & hypertension & Bronchial Asthma.
7. A 65-year old male of Rayagada district.
8. A 68-year old male of Rayagada district who was also suffering from hypertension.
9. A 42-year old male of Sambalpur district.
Odisha on Tuesday clocked 2239 new Covid-19 cases taking the total number of those infected by the virus in the state to 64,533.
When 1416 cases were reported from quarantine centres, local cases were 823.